The BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA) is a not-for-profit organization that represents over 4,000 water professionals who are responsible for ensuring safe, sustainable and secure, water sewer and stormwater systems in BC and the Yukon. Our members work every day to keep our water systems clean and safe—from source to tap to drain and back. They include; water and wastewater facility operators, utility managers, engineers and consultants, technicians and technologists, government policy and regulatory staff, backflow assembly testers and cross connection control specialists, researchers as well as manufacturer and supplier representatives.
BENEFITS OF BEING A BCWWA MEMBER
For one low annual fee, your BCWWA membership provides you with valuable products, services and savings.
As a BCWWA member you can:
- Access preferred rates for quality training and professional development events including the BCWWA Annual Conference & Trade Show, topical conferences and workshops including Operator Continuing Education Day, and education classes.
- Influence change as part of a strong and cohesive voice for the water sector by providing input on responses to changes in drinking water guidelines and other regulations.
- Stay informed about the latest industry news and best practices through the quarterly Watermark magazine, monthly Waterline e-newsletter, and regular updates on education and development opportunities in your area.
- Build your network of water sector peers by participating in committees, communities of practice, and other volunteer groups that focus on a variety of water issues.
If you'd like to download our one-page membership benefit information document to present to your employer (or for your own records), please click here.
The BCWWA is a not-for-profit organization and annual membership fees ensure direct cost-recovery, not profit, for the Association.
- Certified Operator Membership - $109
- Individual Membership - $109
- Small Systems Membership - $109
- Cross Connection Control Membership - $99
- Student Membership - $25
PLEASE NOTE: On February 1, 2020, we are raising our Cross Connection Control (CCC) Membership fees by $10, to $109 per year in order to cover the cost of developing and improving programs and services for our members. The current membership rate of $99 per year will remain in effect until January 31, 2020. Cross Connection Control Members can renew their membership until January 31, 2020 at the current rate. The new membership will begin when their current membership expires.
For more information on this increase, click here.
Questions about purchasing or renewing a membership? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
The BCWWA does not currently offer corporate memberships.
AWWA AND WEF MEMBERSHIPS
If you are an individual member of one of our affiliate organizations—the American Water Works Association (AWWA) or the Water Environment Federation (WEF)—you automatically receive an individual membership with the BCWWA.
If you are considering membership with AWWA or WEF, please contact: