Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $699.00 + GST
- Non-member: $819.00 + GST
Upon registering and providing payment, you will receive a link to our online learning platform.
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply water distribution system information/components including how to assess system demand, distribution systems hydraulics, system layouts and maps, perform pressure readings, prepare contingency plans and read blueprints, readings and maps.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust disinfection in water distribution systems and inspect and evaluate source water for contamination.
- Understand the functions of a variety of equipment including backflow prevention devices, hydrants, meters, pipes, service connections, taps, valves, pumps, and water mains.
- Understand how to operate and perform maintenance on equipment including pumps, chlorinators, engines, generators, hand tools, etc.
- Understand how to perform certain security, safety and administrative procedures including administering a safety/compliance program, conducting cross connection surveys, developing and maintaining a sample site plan, preparing regulatory reports.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Require an in-depth understanding of how water distribution systems work;
- Operate or maintain a facility classified as water distribution 2; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for water distribution 2.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 2.4 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water distribution (WD)
This course provides 2.4 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.